Broccoli Parmesan Fritters
Makes 12 Fritters
2 Heads Broccoli 4-5 Cups Chopped
2 Eggs Beaten
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Clove Garlic Minced
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
1 Cup Flour
1 Tablespoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Olive Oil For Sauteing
1. Peel stem end of broccoli, then cut into florettes.
Cut the stem in to 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Boil or steam all the broccoli until soft, not mushy 4-5 minutes Then drain.
3. In a bowl combine eggs, seasonings, garlic, lemon,& Parmesan.
4. Add cooked broccoli to egg mixture & mash with potato masher. Leave a bit chunky.
5. Sprinkle mixture with flour & mix until just incorporated.
6. Heat pan with olive oil over low to medium heat.
Spoon 1/4 cup into pan, then pat down to about 1/2 inch thickness. Saute until golden brown 2-3 minutes per side.
7. Remove from heat & drain on paper towels briefly. Serve hot.